Interviewing Authors interviews successful authors, agents, publishers, and industry experts who have something of value to say to our audience. Interviewing Authors focuses on the process of writing, editing, publishing, marketing and selling the written word.
The program is not about promoting the author’s specific work, so if we do invite you to be a guest on the program, please keep that in mind.
Also please note: We receive several dozen inquiries every week from authors who want to be on the program. We wish we could interview every author who has ever written a book, but that’s simply not feasible.
To that end, we have established certain criteria an author must meet to be invited on the program.
Remember, interviews are done for the benefit of the audience, not the benefit of promoting the author or a specific work.
This is not the platform to advertise your first book or hopefully get discovered.
To become a guest on Interviewing Authors you must have:
- A history of successful publishing. You must have self or traditionally published multiple books over the last one to three years, digitally or in hard copy.
- A proven track record of sales. You don’t have to be a bestseller, but you must have a proven track record of sales to prove that an audience is attracted to your work and interested in what you have to say.
- A growing fan base. You don’t have to be a household name, but if we look you up on Amazon, Twitter or Facebook we will expect you to have a fair number of followers interested in your work.
- List rankings. You don’t have to be Number One on any list, but your book must rank highly on digital platforms like Amazon and GoodReads, or traditional lists like the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, etc.
Again, we have established these requirements simply because there are not enough hours in the day to interview everyone who applies, and not everyone who applies would be of interest to our audience.
We certainly do not mean to judge, insult or ignore. We simply have to put the interests of our audience first.
There is good news, however, if you are an author who is looking for an effective way to market your work and brand.
You can take advantage of our “Interview You” program that gives you a professionally-produced interview that you can use to market your work and build an audience.
You will get the mp3 of the interview, a full transcript, and a posting under the Featured Authors section of our website.
- Please see the “Interview You” program page for more information.
If you do meet the criteria above and would like to be considered as a guest, complete the form below and we’ll be back in touch.
We do not promise you will be interviewed, but our selection committee will give you every consideration you deserve.